Friday, February 10, 2017

All You Can Be

I'm a Sister of St. Joseph.
I'm a lawyer.
I live in an ecovillage.
How cool is that?!?!

I often have the opportunity to talk with other sisters from the younger and middle-aged group of sisters. There are not a lot of us, but I love having conversations that help nurture the amazing life among us in this middle-time.
One sister recently reflected that as sisters, we are able to do many things and experience many things. We are able to maximize our potential personally, reaching goals that might not otherwise be possible. We are able to maximize our spiritual potential with a lifetime dedicated to the spiritual journey. And we are able to maximize our potential for service.
Religious life is a gift to those of us living it, when we are able to move in this direction. It is also a gift to the wider community with whom we are able to share our gifts, our wisdom and our service.
So the phrase "be all you can be" has taken on fresh meaning for me as a way to describe religious life. It is not a selfish phrase, but a celebration of God's call and invitation to fullness of life and to sharing the abundance with those we serve.
I am full of gratitude for this wild and wonderful gift that is religious life.
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment